Friday, August 11, 2006

Ernie is not a creepy old man, it is ME!!!


I think that this posting should have been the first one that I put up. I'm going to clear up any confusion and let everyone know who ERNIE MCGREECHIE really is once and for all! Contrary to popular belief, I am not a creepy, wrinkly old man who likes to sit in front of his computer lurking in teen chat rooms. I have also been known in the past to be called Janitor Ernie because of my hefty ring of keys.
So let's go back about 4 years now... I am working at good old Canadian Tire as the Head Cashier (ok, we will save all the jokes I got about that one for another blog. It is not just anyone who can go from a head cashier position to ass. Man. at a the barn...) Anyhoo, so anyone who has met me knows that I have this girly voice that often gets mistaken for a 10 year old girl on the phone. Well, I was on the phone with some sales rep (who will from now on be referred to as the dumb ass man, or D.A.M)for god knows what and I needed to have a part sent to the store. The D.A.M asked me to spell the name that I would like it sent Attn to. I spelled my frickin name out 4 times for that D.A.M. Wow, the guy was so S-M-R-T! Two weeks later the freakin parcel shows up. The UPS man asks for a signature from Ernie McGreechie!!!! Good GOD! Go back to school buddy!
Anyway, that is how it all happened. Thanks to a co-worker (AKA SAHH?) Ernie has stayed alive.

The moral to this story in case it was not obvious, I'm not a creepy old man, just a casualty of some uneducated moron who has no idea how to listen.

P.S Here is an interesting bit of useless trivia for ya... When spellcheck picks up the word "frickin" it suggests that "foreskin" is the word you should change it to. W-O-W

12 Comments:

Blogger Me Myself and I said...

I'm glad you cleared that up because I was starting to wonder if I should get an online-restraining-order against you ;)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Spacecake said...

Hahahaha, that was hilarious.

But yeah, I'd be pretty pissed in a situation like you. I think Ernie is a nice name, really.

And though you propably don't care: Enrie reminds me one of the muppets... there was one with that name, right? lol.

6:10 PM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

harray harrah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!welcome friend:):)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

Thank you all for such a warm welcome!!!! YEAH me!!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

Celeste, you prbably should still get that restraining order just to be safe! Spacecake, you are right there was an Ernie muppet. He lived on Sesame Street with Bert. Why, oh why did they have to kill him off? They weren't gay!!!!! And Linzy Pinzy... thank you for your welcome!!! I am excited about your bbq!!

8:36 PM  
Blogger The Absent Minded Landlord said...

I feel your pain as I am often on the receiving end of a name butcher. To the point that I have even been sent a credit card with my "alter ego" on it. It really gets on my foreskin nerves.

9:09 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Yeah, that friggin/foreskin thing worries me too. Now we need an audio blog entry so we can hear your ten-year-old voice;)

9:19 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Yeah, that friggin/foreskin thing worries me too. Now we need an audio blog entry so we can hear your ten-year-old voice;)

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

To "The Absent Minded Landlord", that would be foreskin amazing if I could get a credit card with my alter ego! I would love it!!!! It would cause madness and maham whereever I go... Everyone would think I had swiped it LOL

10:30 AM  
Blogger Ernie said...

To "the grunt", one thing you should know about me is that I am the world's WORST speller!!!! So I entrust my life to that foreskin spellchecker, and what does it do... go and pull a stunt like this! How will I ever be able to trust it again?!!

10:32 AM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Hahahahahaha! You and me both, Ernie.

11:32 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

Oh P.S, i forgot to say that MCGREECHIE is not my last name either... They messed that one up too!

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home