Monday, August 14, 2006

Mystic Beach Camping Trip





What a great weekend! I spent the past weekend camping on Mystic beach (close to Port Renfrew) for my cousin's 22nd birthday. It was phenomenal. It was myself, Leslie (my cousin), my sister Sara, Kaitlyn (a friend of Leslie's) and Matt (Leslie's boyfriend) who went. So the theme of the weekend was pretty much that Matt is the P-I-M-P. It is not everyday a guy gets odds like that in his favor. So many jokes about sleeping arrangements, applying suntan lotion, etc. that I am not even sure where to begin.
We hiked in and pitched our tent right on the beach. We slept on the beach under the stars the first night. ( The sky was amazing! You forget how the stars and moon can be that vivid when you are in the city.) Leslie brought her guitar and serenaded us by the campfire. She has an awesome voice! It is all very mezmorizing. You almost fall into a trance watching the flickering flames and listening to her voice.
Both days it was hot and sunny weather. (Perfect!) Albino Amy (that's ME) actually has some color to her skin! (A tan? Yes, we are all Shocked!) On the second night we even had a firework show. Some other campers brought what must have been, a whole backpack full of fireworks. We hiked out on Sunday, back to the real world. Oh real world.... Why must you always rear your ugly head :(

11 Comments:

Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

That sounds so nice Ern. Especially sleeping under the stars, the campfire and the guitar:)

11:25 AM  
Blogger egan said...

Did you see the meteor showers?

2:13 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

We did see meteors. It was so amazing!

4:06 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

I'm jealous! Sounds nice. Glad you got a tan there Whitey!

10:30 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

I'm so late on commenting about this. I just wish that I could have done something like what you and your friends did for this weekend. My friends chose married life over fun. They suck;)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

I hate weddings :(

11:57 AM  
Blogger LindzyPinzy said...

Grunt - married life instead of fun WTF??
what about married life AND fun? have they thought about that??

Amy - LOVE the photos:)

5:22 PM  
Blogger The Grunt said...

Lindzy, maybe I should just go ahead and get married then. Hey, stranger things have happened=)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

See I totally think that married life and fun go hand in hand. I just hate weddings and such because it reminds me that I am so far away from getting married. I never care, and am not even close to being ready... it is just at weddings everyone seems to get the itch.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Me Myself and I said...

Ew. What's on your jeans?!!!

Weddings, bah! Dude we are SO gonna get married when the right time comes, and we'll be so frickin rich by then we'll do it up in mega-style!!! (ps I don't mean we as in you and I are getting married, I mean we each will get married to other men. whatever. u know what I mean ;)

7:52 PM  
Blogger Ernie said...

Actually I kinda did think you were proposing to me. If you think about it, it would be perfect. We are going to be roomates in a week, and we could team up business wise. It is legal now, and you are nice! However, just one set back, we would have to raise enough money for you to get a sex change....
PS. It is gross algae from the rocks on my jeans. Being the blonde clutz that I am, I slipped and fell when I was running out to see a sea otter. (Poor ME!)

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home